Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Giving Tofu Another Chance!

I have had some terrible experiences with tofu.  I have tried numerous recipes and all have failed.  In fact the terrible tofu with peanut sauce fiasco is still remembered with fear and loathing in my home five years after the fact.  I had decided to write tofu off for good...until I read this months Oxygen magazine.  I saw a recipe for tofu pad thai.  I looked so tasty I decided to make it for a couple lunches this week.  
I made this for lunch tomorrow but I tried a bit with dinner tonight.  I liked it!  I substituted cashews for peanuts and bok choy for regular cabbage.  I left out the bean sprouts as my store didn't have any.  I always leave onions out of any recipe I make.  Otherwise it matches the recipe.  :)



Since my husband is not a fan of tofu or rice noodles I had to make something different for our dinner!  I decided to make another improv meatloaf recipe.  I call this one Mediterranean Meatloaf.  Here is the recipe:
1 lb. ground chicken
1 TB dried oregano 
1 egg
1/4 cup Hol Grain gluten free chicken breading mix
1/2 cup feta cheese
2 TB tomato paste
1 TB white balsamic vinegar 
1 TB dijon mustard 

Mix together, spread into a loaf pan, bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Easy! :) 

As for working out I got the new Muscle and Fitness Hers this weekend.  I am planning to "unofficially" do the  transformation challenge.  If you are so inclined you can send in before and after photos and measurements and enter to win a photo shoot.  I just want a new workout to get me motivated.  I did New Rules of Lifting for Women last year and saw results.  Unfortunately I immediately got mono and was laid up for months right after finishing.  Results gone!  Wish me better luck this year! :) 

1 comment: