Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...


I've not had a lot of free time lately.  First there was Thanksgiving.  After dinner I had to hit the road for DC and my cousin's wedding.  Bridesmaid duty if you couldn't tell!  I'm on the far right with the goofy expression! Then as soon as I got home I had to head straight to my sister in law's house for dogsitting duty.  So here are some random pictures.

Me and my cousin's puppy Potter.

I've been to my favorite Mexican restaurant twice in the past week.  It's a bit easier to be gluten free there.


Saturday morning was super snowy.  It's actually surprising that we didn't get a real snow before now.  WV is typically snowy from October-April. 

While snowed in I made flourless peanut butter cookies!  Some plain, some with chocolate chips, and some with butterscotch chips.  I liked the butterscotch best.  Basic recipe: 1 cup peanut butter, 3/4 cup sugar in the raw, 1 egg, and a handful of butterscotch chips (if using).  Bake 10-15 minutes at 350.  May need more or less time.  They are a bit finnicky.


Finally got to try Trader Joe's Vodka sauce with some gluten free pasta.  Very, very good.  Leftovers the next day were even better.

Tonight is chili night (unpictured as it's been blogged about before).  To go with I've made Bob's Red Mill GF cornbread mix.  Not bad at all!  :)

So for a basic rundown so far...the GF diet does seem to be helping as much as I wish it didn't (have I mentioned my obsession with scones and cookies?).  So I guess that makes it worth it.  Such a challenge though.  Today I found out my favorite brand of flavored coffee is off limits! Oh well.  I'm going to focus on the yummy things I can eat and not dwell on what I can't have.  I'm finding with a bit of effort you can work around most any recipe and come up with a tasty alternative!

3 comments:

  1. Have you seen the website gluten free girl?

    glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still haven't had any GF peeps want to join the exchange :( I asked a few but they are too busy to commit :( Sorry girl! I need to give GF baking a try sometime soon though, a friend of mine just found out she's allergic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love that pic!!! you look amazing in the bridesmaid dress

    ReplyDelete