Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving preparations!

It's been a crazy week.  I was doing so much better at the beginning of the week.  The gluten-free diet has really helped.  I've not been nearly as bloated, achy, or had as many itchy rashes.  So naturally just as things seem to be going well I get step throat.  For the fifth time this year.  You read that right, fifth.  I don't even have tonsils! 

I've learned this week that gluten free takes tons of planning.  I want to be prepared for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow so I'm making some safe stuff to eat. 


First up my all time favorite side dish, baked mac and cheese!  I used gluten free pasta obviously.  Then I melted 2 TB butter in a sauce pan, added 1 TB gluten free flour mix, and 1 cup milk.  Heat until bubbly.  Then I stired in 8oz. of shredded Kroger casserole blend cheese until melted.  Add 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream and mix with pasta.  Pour into pan, top with sharp cheddar and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. 



For dessert I have made a flourless chocolate cake.   I got the recipe from All Recipes.  I made it last week for an office party and it was really good.  Very, very rich!!!  I followed the directions except I make it in a springform pan with no water bath. 

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!  I will be eating around Noon and then hitting the road to D.C.  Big weekend ahead.  I'm so nervous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment