Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dealing with Chipotle Withdrawl

It's no secret that I am in LOVE with Chipotle.  Sadly I am also four hours away from the nearest.  Anytime I travel I make it my mission to get a carnitas burrito bowl.  When I'm not traveling I try to make my own at home.  I use a base of brown rice and pinto or black beans. Then I top with shredded pork roast, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.  Heaven in a bowl.  This pork roast is one of my favorite meals.  So easy too! I make this in a six quart crockpot.

1 pork shoulder roast (your could probably use a loin roast but this one shreds better)
2 TB of minced garlic
1 TB cumin
1/2 lime
2 cups of water

Place roast in crockpot.  Spread garlic on top and sprinkle evenly with cumin.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Squeeze lime half over top of roast.  Pour the water around, but not over pork.  Throw the juiced lime half into the water and cook on low for 8 hours.  Shred and serve. 


Saturday I went on a shopping trip with my daughter and my best friend and her daughter. Our daughters were celebrating their February birthdays so they wanted to eat at the Olive Garden.  We stopped in for lunch and I played it safe having only a crouton-less Caesar salad.  It wasn't the best lunch ever but I wanted the girls to have a special meal.  Lucky for me on the way home I saw a little strip mall Mexican place and decided to stop in on a whim.  They had carnita soft tacos on corn tortillas.  Soooo delicious. I sprinkled them with lime juice and rolled them up with a touch of guacamole.  I can't get them off my mind, but luckily they are only an hour away! :)


In other news it's freezing cold and snowing here....again.  I am so ready for winter to end!  I think Cocoa is too!  Thanks for ignoring the random socks in this picture.

1 comment:

  1. I am over winter too! Finally the sun is out today and it's warming up where I am at!
    I am not familiar with Chipotle but it must be good the way you describe it! :-)

    ReplyDelete