Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

A New Favorite Restaurant

I love going out to eat, trying new restaurants, and exploring new menu items.  Now that I'm gluten free I don't have a lot of options and the ones I do have are usually chains.  While I appreciate gluten free menus like the ones at Chili's and Outback sometimes I want to eat somewhere local!  Right now my main options are both in Fayetteville, WV.  Pies and Pints is my go to for pizza.  I've blogged about it several times in the past and it's been a long time favorite...but you can't eat pizza all the time.  I think we all know the main thing missing from gluten free diets are delicious sandwiches!  They are such a convenient food...so many combinations...so delicious!  Well thanks to the Secret Sandwich Society I can now enjoy an awesome sandwich just like everyone else!


These are the best sandwiches I have ever had gluten free or not!  My entire family agrees!  The combinations are unique and always delicious!  Everything is so fresh plus it's local and organic when possible!  You don't see a lot of that in WV!
I started my meal with a fabulous spinach bisque.  So creamy and the seasonings were spot on! 

I opted for the daily special.  Roast pork, tomato chutney, fresh mozarella, and garlic aoli.  Wow...I can't even find words to describe how delicious this was!  The chutney had hints of cinnamon that really made the sandwich!  Served with potato chips and a pickle.  Both fabulous and made in house!

This may honestly be the best lunch I've ever eaten. I would eat here every single day if I could!  You don't have to get gluten free bread but if you did you probably wouldn't even notice the difference.  The bread is that good!  In addition to this sandwich I have also tried the Kennedy, the Ulysses, and the Hanibal.  All were absolutely spectacular! It's so nice when local restaurants take the time and effort to accomodate a gluten free diet!  I certainly appreciate it!  It's worth the 40 minute drive!

1 comment: