Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Feeling ill...


The day started out pretty good.  I had a delicious breakfast!  Greek yogurt, lemon curd, raspberries, and Multi-grain Cheerios.  My favorite tea to drink.  I was very sad to see that the Zhena tea tins have been redesigned and simplified!  I really think that the fancy tin is part of the appeal!


  Lunch was leftover pizza.  Still amazing on day two.  Around lunch time I started to feel headachy and just blah.  I thought it might be because there was work going on in the building and my office was really loud today. 

For snack time I decided on a Gala apple and another amazing tea.  Choice Organics Oolong.  I had tried their Darjeeling once upon a time and loved it but then the health food store I bought it at closed.  This summer while out of town I grabbed this Oolong at a Whole Foods.  The sad thing about living in WV is that I am 300 miles from the nearest Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.  I love healthy foods so those stores are like heaven to me.  Or as my friend said in Trader Joe's once "OMG Ang has found her mother ship!".


By the time I got home from work I was aching all over and had a sore throat.  I wanted something quick and easy for dinner.  I had a carton of leftover Kitchen Basics chicken stock and a roasted chicken from Sam's Club so I decided on chicken and dumplings.  This recipe is not healthy due to the large amount of processed food but it is quick and comforting.  I cooked some garlic and carrots, added the stock, a can of golden mushroom soups, 1 1/2 soup cans of water, a can of corn, and shredded chicken.  I then simmer this together for awhile to soften the carrots.  Then I cut canned biscuits into forths, roll into balls, and drop into the soup.  Cook around 10 minutes and you have  chicken and dumplings!

To finish off the night my wonderful husband offered to get me a latte at Starbucks!  I love a hot drink when my throat hurts!  I know a lot of people don't care for Starbucks but I love it.  For years my town didn't have a coffee shop period so getting a Starbucks was a big step for us! Sad, eh?  Anyhow I choose a tall soy latte with 1 pump of pumpkin spice.  The pumpkin spice latte is one of the things that make the end of summer more bearable!
I think I'm going to head to bed and hopefully feel better tomorrow.  My friend gave me some Zycam to try so lets home it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment