Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Motivated for Monday!


Yesterday was not my best day.   My daughter had tons of past due homework, I had cramps, and I was craving and eating the worst foods.  I woke up today motivated to do better!  I started the day by trying something new.  Irish Creme Agave Nectar in my tea.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  It kind of left a weird taste in my mouth.  The label seems to emphasize using it in coffee so I might try that next time.  I don't think I'll repeat the tea experience!


Breakfast was much better.  Plain yogurt mixed with oats, currents, and pumpkin butter.  Plus my favorite fruit in the world...Asian pears!  I love these because they are crispy like an apple and juicy like a pear.  There is an Asian pear orchard in Lexington, VA (about 2 1/2 hours away) I visited once and got a huge case of pears.  I'd love to go back! 

Before bed last night I made some brown and wild rice on the stove to use in meals for the week.  For lunch I mixed the rice with sundried tomato tuna.  The Bumblebee Sensation tunas are really good.  I know it would be healthier to get plain tuna but really the sundried tomato is too fabulous.  As sides I had carrot sticks and fresh figs.  All in all a delicious and healthy lunch!

After work I snacked on a Lemon Larabar and headed to the gym.  I was meeting my friend and we did some cardio on the treadmill.  I wanted to lift but it was way to packed for that so I decided I'd lift at home.  I did some run/walk intervals for about 30 minutes and then I came home and did my lifting workout.  The Oxygen magazine one again.  I prefer to lift before cardio but sometimes you have to work around life. 

Dinner was a Weight Watchers recipe.  Warm blue cheese and steak salad.  I use Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta because my husband hates whole wheat.  This brand has the fiber of whole wheat but is white and tastes like regular.  Anyhow while the pasta boiled I sauteed steak, mushrooms, garlic, and spinach.  I also mixed a cup of plain yogurt with 2 TB of olive oil mayo, salt, pepper, and 2 oz. of blue cheese.  Drain the pasta, mix everything together, and serve!  The original recipe calls for tomatoes instead of spinach and mushrooms but I work with what I have on hand.

Now I'm planning to do a 10 minute yoga for abs workout, have a snack, and go to bed!  I'm exhausted!

3 comments:

  1. I have been trying to muster up the courage to try the flavored agave's. This didn't help. I don't do well with weird after tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got some of the bumblebee tuna, too! Had a coupon. I normally just doctor up my own, but the lemon pepper sounded good. It was!

    ReplyDelete