Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

True Confession




Okay the true confession isn't all that scandalous...but I hate sun salutations.  I think they are boring.  Why this is significant to the post you'll see later.  First off breakfast.  I was in a super rush today and didn't prepare my food before bed last night as usual...so I had a Cliff Mojo bar, a Stretch Island fruit leather, and a Carbmaster yogurt. Not the most nutritious thing I could've picked but better than a McGriddle. 

Lunch was an Amy's Cheddar burrito with a low sodium V8.  Simple and tasty.  I've said before I choose my frozen foods carefully.  I don't like strange chemicals.  I feel most comfortable with Amy's and Kashi.  Not to say I don't grab a Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine on occassion.

After work I did something I've been meaning to do for ages.  Rode my bike!  I got it last year and rode it a good bit last summer but for some reason hadn't rode it at all this year.  Well better late than never!  I had a pleasant ride.  The weather warmed a bit so I got some sunshine.  Reasons that I rarely ride my bike are that WV is very hilly so it's a bit strenuous at times, also my area does not have bike lanes or sidewalks so you have to fear traffic, and lastly I need a bike rack so I can at least drive the bike to a safe place.  Today I rode on the sidewalk-less streets of my neighborhood and hoped for the best. 

For dinner I made Shake and Bake chicken and I smartly put it in the oven while I biked.  So when I got home it was ready to eat.  I steamed some brussel sprouts and then sauteed them in a pan with olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and parmesan cheese.  I also had some microwave brown and wild rice.  It was a good dinner.  I just learned to like brussel sprouts recently.

Here is where my true confession comes into play.  I was inspired to start a 31 day yoga challenge after reading Raspberry Stethoscope's blog entry. I'm not a super yoga person.  Occassionally I take a yoga class at the YMCA.  I actually like a lot of the moves...but I get so bored of the 400 sun salutations.  I just don't like them.  This video was an hour long but I fast forwarded through 15 minutes of the sun salutations.  I just couldn't take it anymore.  Maybe I should try a less yoga-ish yoga routine for tomorrow! lol!

By the way Sound Eats is having a thank you giveaway so be sure to check it out!

2 comments:

  1. It's ok if you don't like sun saluations! Maybe try another form of yoga, like hatha where there are more poses with focusing on the breath. I think ashtanga is really into the sun saluations, over and over...I'm not an expert by any means. Just remember there are all kinds of forms of yoga! I guess you'll get a lot of chances to try them out in the next 31 days, hehe!~! Thanks for doing the challenge with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I found your blog on Livestrong and just wanted to let you know you have a reader in the crowd! Have a great Friday.

    -Lindsey (CarbingOut)

    ReplyDelete