Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Not Cabbage Rolls


Today was a pretty good food day.  I enjoyed each and every meal!  I started out with a weird breakfast concoction.  I got the idea from April.  I mixed cottage cheese, pumpkin, truvia, and spices together.  Then I topped it with Ezekiel Cinammon raisin cereal.  It looked crazy but tasted really good.  I'm glad none of my coworkers came in while I was eating though.  For some reason they think everything I eat is weird so orange cottage cheese would've really frightened them! lol!



Since we went out to dinner last night I didn't have any leftovers to bring to lunch.  So I made a sandwich.  Whole wheat pita bread with Sabra hummus, a slice of mozzarella, and as much spinach as I could stuff in there.  I really love Sabra hummus.  It's the only brand of store bought hummus I like.  It tastes much better than when I make it at home.  For my side dishes I had carrot sticks and grapes.  This lunch was very tasty but I have to say not so filling.  I was starving by the time I got home! 

So I had a ZBar.  The Spooky Smores is the only flavor I've tried of these and I really like it.  I like that it only has 130 calories.  I love a regular Cliff Bar but they are all around 250 calories which is a bit much for a snack!  I do think it's funny that the back of this bar suggests giving them out to trick or treaters....um yeah, when I win the lottery! lol!

I really wasn't in the mood to go to the gym tonight.  I had to work a bit late so I would have had to rush to get to spinning and the thought of the cardio equipment just bored me this evening.  So since we now have a DVD/VHS recorder I decided to drag out another old school exercise video, Crunch Time.  This video was made by the original founders of the Firm.  In fact the instructor, Susan Harris, was in the very first Firm video, which I love by the way! I like this video because it's a combo of cardio and strength, she doesn't use Barbie weights, and the warm-up and cool down were yoga so I get my 10 min. of yoga in for the day!  Multi-tasking! :)


After I exercised I took a shower and ran out to Starbucks.  My daughter has an ear infection and strep throat and was begging for a latte!  I got a tall soy latte.  Then I came home and made dinner.  I like to call this Not Cabbage Rolls.  It's for when I'm in too big of a hurry/too lazy to make real cabbage rolls.  I brown my ground sirloin, saute in some pre-shredded cabbage, a can of tomatoes, brown and wild rice, and tons of cinammon. Quick, easy, healthy, and delicious!
 Now I'm exhausted!  It's my bedtime! :P  For a bedtime snack I'm having cottage cheese and an apple sprinkled with cinammon.  I'm on a huge cinammon kick here lately.  I'm actually eager to get to bed.  My back has been hurting really bad today and my leg a bit too.  It will be nice to lay down!

3 comments:

  1. good job today! i like old skool exercise vids too. and i love me some starbucks. i haven't been there in forever!!! i actually used to work at one, lol. you know- i read that a tsp. of cinnamon has more antioxidants than a cup of strawberries, 4x the amount of a sweet potato and 7x more than 1/2 cup of grapes. whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That inside out cabbage roll sounds pretty good. I just love cinnamon in savory dishes, too!

    Hope your back feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you tried the cottage cheese! I'm kind of obsessed :)

    And I love workout dvds too! I've never seen that one.. I need to look into it!

    ReplyDelete